We are called to offer ourselves for Jesus and the kingdom, freely sharing what we have freely received. We are all ministers/deacons (servants) gifted to bless others with our words and deeds in general and unique ways.
We have opportunities to share the love of Jesus both locally and globally, and we need people willing to help lead and serve in these ministries.
Leaders and volunteers are always needed! Some of the opportunities we have to share the love of Jesus include:
- Benevolence: Responding to requests for support or assistance from our church and community.
- Ministry Support: Choosing, promoting and supporting specific ministry causes for Maranatha to support through offerings and volunteering.
- Friendship Group: A weekly gathering for those with different intellectual abilities, where everyone belongs and experiences the friendship of Jesus.
- Community Garden: An opportunity for the community to maintain their own garden, as well as additional plots used to produce food for the local Food Bank.
- Community Kitchen: A monthly opportunity to eat together and learn basic and important meal preparation skills.
- Community BBQ: An annual event for 350+ members of our community. This event needs many volunteers to help plan and run.
- Missionary Support Team: Choosing, promoting and supporting local and global missionaries, and encouraging our members to consider short and long term missions. We are currently supporting missionaries in Amsterdam, Tunisia, Honduras, Haiti and Uganda.
- Refugee Support Team: Sponsoring and supporting refugees from around the world to begin new lives here in Canada (Maranatha has supported over 800 refugees in the past 30 years).
- Summer Kids Lunch: A new initiative this past summer, a place for kids from the community to eat and play together, two days a week.
Contact the Church Office for more information.